Symfony2 is a popular php based web application framework. If you are developer trying to setup your symfony2 dev environment in your Mac OS X and looking for instructions to how? Then here are the steps –
What you require? Download the following and keep them handy.
- Netbeans 8.2 for PHP ( Download from official site )
- MAMP 4.0.6 ( Download from official site) – You can use just MAMP for your development environment and you don’t really require MAMP Pro unless you are looking for virtual host management and other host of premium features
- Symfony2 Version – 2.8 LTS – Long Term Support ( Download from official site – Follow their instructions )
- Install the Netbeans as an application by clicking the .dmg file you just downloaded.
- Install the MAMP as an application by clicking the .pkg file you just downloaded.